To apply to the Vienna BioCenter PhD Program you must have the following:
- A Master degree or equivalent* in a Life Sciences related subject from a 2 years program with 120 ECTS (or anticipate receiving before enrolment).
- Research experience in a relevant scientific area (we recommend 6 months full-time experience).
- Fully completed application form submitted before the relevant deadline.
- Full details of two referees with institutional email address, at least one of them should have supervised you in a research project.
- High level of both spoken and written English (official certificate is not required).
Applicants with Non-European Master Degree
- Applicants that hold a Master degree or equivalent from a non-European University will be asked to provide GPA scores.
* Applicants with degree equivalent to Master Degree
- You must hold a 4 years Bachelor (BA or BSc) with First Class Honours and 240 ECTS in a Life Sciences related subject.
- You must provide the degree certificate and academic transcripts at the time of application submission.
- You must have a significant amount of research experience.
If you have a Bachelor degree and are interested in an academic career, consider enrolling in a Master Program in Vienna before pursuing a PhD!
The University of Vienna offers a range of Master degrees, for example: